- Included Components
- Stage Guide: 2500 4WD 2015-18
- Tire Guide: NCV3 Sprinter
Few upgrades are as critical to a vehicle as a tuned suspension package. Adventure in comfort and confidence with a Van Compass system tuned for your van and needs. The Stage 3 system pairs our innovative mini spring pack spring with front and rear 2.1 Monotube shocks and a front Sumo Spring bump stop upgrade. This system is intended for built out adventure vans, loaded work/play vans and Class B RV's that need a rear spring rate upgrade to counter build weight and correct rear sag that results in poor ride quality and wallowing handling. This kit can restore the ride height back to the original range, eliminates un-controlled swaying, and reduces harsh bottom out.
Falcon's 2.1 Monotube Shocks represent the core upgrade to your Sprinter's handling. Built specifically to our tune specifications, they represent the culmination of years of accumulated knowledge, applied directly to the adventure van market. These shocks feature race inspired build quality, combined with functional components choices for real-world users. Aluminum bodies and hard chrome plated shafts ensure longevity and corrosion resistance. Internally, these shocks are tuned to our specifications in one of three weight ranges.
Our Stage 3 system retains the factory suspension geometry and transforms the Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 from a violently swaying and lumbering cargo van into a vehicle with true German luxury car feeling and control, both on and offroad. Vehicle control and suspension compliance are the two areas of ride quality we focused on when we engineered this kit, and the payoff is increased performance over any terrain while also improving handling for unexpected emergencies.
The Mini Leaf Spring pack offers a cost effective way to increase spring rate in the rear of your Sprinter, add approximately 1.25" of rear lift and restore lost ride height. Our mini spring is tuned to work perfectly with the OEM spring and represents an excellent solution to maintain factory wheel position and leaf spring geometry while restoring suspension up-travel on a heavy van. Included U-bolts ensure a quick and easy installation, and glide pads on the tips ensure quiet operation, just like your OEM springs.
- Falcon 2.1 Monotube Front Shocks with Mounting Brackets
- Front Sumo Springs
- Falcon 2.1 Monotube Rear Shocks
- Rear Mini Leaf Spring Pack
- Dust boots for all 4 shocks.
- All necessary hardware and instructions for a simple installation
NOTE: 2019+ Vans with rear HD A/C will need additional care routing the lines around the shocks and bracketry. The lines may need to be gently bent by hand, and secured with a cushion clamp to prevent chafing.
NOTE: The Falcon rear shocks are NOT compatible with Sumo Spring Rebel series of springs, specifically Sumo Spring part numbers: SSR-327-47-2 and SSR-327-40-2. There is a Sumo Spring bracket associated with those kits which makes contact with the large shock body of the Falcon shocks
To determine the actual weight of your vehicle, go to your local landfill to utilize their scale or use the CAT SCALE LOCATOR.
Recommended Shop Labor Time: 7 Hours
|STAGE GUIDE||Lift height||Recommended Build||Front Shock||Rear Shock||Van Weight|
|Stage 1||0"||Multi-use camper and passenger vans, Base weight Revels without additional accessories||Falcon 2.1 Monotube w/ Mount||Falcon 2.1 Monotube||<7800 lbs|
|Stage 2.3||0"||Multi-use camper and passenger vans, Base weight Revels without additional accessories||Falcon 3.3 w/ Mount||Falcon 3.3 SP2||<7800 lbs|
|Stage 2.5||0"||Multi-use camper and passenger vans, Base weight Revels without additional accessories||Falcon eAdapt||Falcon eAdapt||<7800 lbs|
|Stage 3||1.25" Rear Lift||Class B/C SRW Motorhome, Upfitted Adventure Vans||Falcon 2.1 Monotube w/ Mount||Falcon 2.1 Monotube||7800-10000 lbs|
|Stage 4.3||1.25" Rear Lift||Storyteller, Revel with added accessories||Falcon 3.3 w/ Mount||Falcon 3.3 SP2||7800-10000 lbs|
|Stage 4.5||1.25" Rear Lift||Storyteller, Revel with added accessories||Falcon eAdapt||Falcon eAdapt||7800-10000 lbs|
|Stage 5||Striker 2" Lift||Off Road Oriented builds||Falcon 2.1 Monotube w/ Mount||Falcon 2.1 Monotube||STOCK-10000 lbs|
|Stage 6.3||Striker 2" Lift||Off Road Oriented builds||Falcon 3.3 w/ Mount||Falcon 3.3 SP2||STOCK-10000 lbs|
|Stage 6.5||Striker 2" Lift||Off Road Oriented builds||Falcon eAdapt||Falcon eAdapt||STOCK-10000 lbs|
2007-2018 Sprinter Tire fitment guide:
We've prepared this guide to help with tire choices for your van. Generally, the largest compatible diameter and widths are listed, other sizes may fit. Actual size varies by manufacturer, wheel choice, and inflation pressure. Tire size selection will vary by manufacturer and tread pattern, and tires with more aggressive tread or aggressive sidewalls may have more fitment issues. Specific trimming instructions are noted in most of our lift kit's instructions. Van Compass is not responsible for fitment issues.
This calculator is one of the best we've found, and very helpful for comparisons between different tire sizes. Actual size varies by manufacturer, wheel choice, and inflation pressure. Always consult your tire shop before purchasing wheels or tires.
How do I decide which system to buy? I'm a newbie.
- We've prepared some comparison guides for our most popular systems, they can be found under the stage guides tab on the product page.
Which tune should I select?
- We've prepared some valving charts based on van weights, they are at the bottom of each shock, and stage system page. You can select the tune from the options when adding your system to the cart.
I don't know what my van weighs. How do I find out?
- Easy, most county landfills have a commercial scale. You can use the CAT SCALE LOCATOR to find the closest CAT certified scale. These are great, as they give us a front and rear axle weight separately.
Do I need adjustable shocks?
- Our adjustable shocks are very popular, and offer a huge range of adaptability to your van. They are well suited to vans that see a wide range of payload and terrain. Do you like to exact every last bit of performance and comfort out of every situation? Or, do you prefer to live in the moment and keep your vehicle simple?
Can I upgrade my kit in stages?
- Typically, yes. Our kits are designed to be modular, so that customers can add components in stages without having to buy many components twice. If you buy a stock stage, then lift the van later, your shocks will still work.
Do I have to lift my van to use your upgrades?
- NO! All of our shock upgrades work as stock replacements. They are designed to work with both stock height and Van Compass lifted vans.
Is a lifted van safe to drive?
- YES! Our lifted 2wd vans are roughly comparable to a stock 4wd van. We design our lifts to preserve factory suspension geometry and travel, as well as work with our upgraded shocks. Lifts will also allow fitment of larger tires, which help smooth out terrain and road irregularities. The combined effect is a van that is actually much better driving than their stock, delivery van roots suggest.
What size tire fits my _____?
- We've prepared detailed fitment charts for each application, you'll find them in a tab on the product pages. We also recommend you consult your installer, and local tire shop. They are the experts when it comes to proven formulas with builds, and good tire choices for your area and use cases.
Does installation void my warranty?
- Ultimately, the decisions for warranty lie with the Dealer and Manufacturer, so you will want to contact them for an answer. Van Compass parts are designed with OEM performance in mind, and as thoroughly as possible. Many of our parts are stock replacements.
Do Van Compass products have a warranty?
- YES! Our complete warranty policy is found here: WARRANTY POLICY
Do you do installations?
- We no longer do installations, we are focused 100% on designing, manufacturing and shipping the best possible products we can make.
How much does installation cost?
- You will need to contact one of our installers: DEALER LOCATOR
How long do your products take to install?
- Installation instructions are found under the 'Instructions' tab on the product page. We list recommended labor hours for both home, and professional environments.
Can I install your products myself?
- YES! Many of our customers are do-it-yourselfers, so our products are designed with the installer in mind. They have been thoroughly engineered to be durable, fit great, and easy for a human to install. We've prepared detailed instructions and fitment info to help you, so make sure you read them thoroughly. We've done our best to outline the tools, safety equipment, and various other tricks you'll need to be able to confidently install our products.
Will I need an alignment after installation?
- We always recommend a quality, digital alignment be performed after any suspension modification where the struts are removed and reinstalled. Although many vans have limited adjustment, the TOE setting is critical to front end alignments, good tire wear, and safe drivability and should always be properly checked after installation.
When will my order ship?
- We allocate and ship orders on a first in, first out basis. We understand, it's frustrating waiting for long periods of time and how that impacts the unique circumstances of our customers. For more information on our shipping and order policies, please read here: Shipping, Return and Cancellation Policies
Do I need to put a deposit down?
- Many credit card companies provide only a small window to collect funds from online orders. With the long and often un-predictable lead times many of our products are experiencing, this small windw is not a good fit. The unique nature of our business and customer base dictate that we take a full deposit up front. If your order will be shipping freight, we will contact you at the time of shipment to ensure an accurate and fair rate. The 3% cancellation fee only covers the service charges we incur from the credit card companies.
Still have questions?
- We'd love to chat!
Why can't I find your phone number?
- With the unique nature of many of our customer's builds, the conversation is often drawn out over several months. Keeping a paper trail allows us to remember the specific names, vans, builds and needs for each of our customers. We're available to chat via appointment on a limited basis, so please email us first.
We Also Recommend
STAGE 6.5 ADAPT SYSTEM, 2" LIFT - SPRINTER 4X4 (2015-2018 2500 ONLY) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 6.3 SYSTEM, 2" LIFT - SPRINTER 4X4 (2015-2018 2500 ONLY) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 5 SYSTEM, 2" LIFT - SPRINTER 4X4 (2015-2018 2500 ONLY) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 4.5 ADAPT SYSTEM - SPRINTER 4X4 (2015-2022 2500 ONLY) by VAN COMPASS