TOPO 2.0 FRONT LEVELING KIT - TRANSIT (2013-PRESENT, SINGLE OR DUAL REAR WHEEL) by VAN COMPASS"PART NUMBER: "7103
- Included Components
- Tire Guide: Transit
Improve the ride quality and stance of your 2013-Present Ford Transit with the Van Compass Ford Transit Topo 2.0 Front Suspension Package. Developed specifically to work around the packaging and front CV shaft constraints presented with the 2020 AWD Transit platform, this kit is compatible with both RWD and AWD Transit models from 2013-present to deliver a true 2.0" of quality suspension lift. This kit fits single and dual rear wheel vans. The Topo 2.0 kit consists of two critical components to achieve a true 2.0" of front lift, improving ground clearance and maintaining factory alignment specifications. The first component is a carefully engineered 1" lift coil, which coil retains the factory spring rate and returns the same plush ride as OEM while sitting 1" higher in the suspension travel for an increased 1" of compression travel. Note, spring lift heights will vary due to weight but we typically see 1.25" of lift out of our Transit springs over the factory springs.
The second critical component of the Topo 2.0 kit addresses one of the downsides to the Ford Transit platform which is the lack of any real camber or caster adjustment built into the front suspension design of the van. This comes into play when trying to lift the vehicle for more ground clearance and improved ride quality since nearly any amount of lift will put the vehicle out of alignment specs and increase tire wear. An additional hurdle presented with the AWD Transit platform is the extremely short passenger side CV shaft. This CV joint will go into a bind if it is over-extended by more than 1" of additional droop over stock. To remedy the alignment issues as well as not over-extend the passenger side CV shaft on AWD models, we developed a 3/4" strut spacer with built in camber and caster correction for the 2.0" of total lift gained when installing the 1.0" lift coils and strut spacer to have a complete front end upgrade that won't accelerate wear on other critical suspension and steering components such as control arm bushings, tie rod ends and front axle shafts on AWD models. Front sway bar link extensions are included to maintain proper sway bar position.
For optimum ride quality improvement, pair the Topo 2.0 front kit with a Bilstein B6 strut for an additional 3/4" of lift and a great improvement in damping control. The Bilstein strut has the coil spring perch welded onto the strut body at a 3/4" higher height than the factory strut which preloads the coil spring an additional 3/4" for slightly more lift. The one disclaimer we must specify for AWD models is the Bilstein strut shaft is approximately 7/8" longer than the OEM strut which means at full droop the suspension is at a total of +1-5/8" of extended downward travel which does put the passenger side CV joint into a bind at droop. We cannot guarantee optimum CV life with this setup and do not recommend running Bilstein struts on AWD vans.
We recommend running a maximum tire size of 265/75R16 with this suspension package. This tire size will require some slight trimming of the inner pinch seam, details of which are covered in the instructions for this kit. With a Bilstein strut, an astounding 12-3/4" of ground clearance is achieved under the center of the front suspension cross member with this tire size.
**NOTE** Tire sizes vary greatly between manufacturers. Trimming of the body will vary because of this and some contact with the suspension subframe is possible at full steering lock with 265/75R16 tires. Additionally, some 265/75R16 tires will require the use of a 3/16" thick wheel spacer to clear the strut body. If necessary, we offer an AWD specific spacer for this scenario, available for purchase here:
The Topo front and rear lift kit includes:
Recommended Shop Labor Time: 6 Hours
Van must be professionally aligned after lift kit installation! Adverse tire wear and driving characteristics will result if van is not properly aligned.
Transit Tire fitment guide:
We've prepared this guide to help with tire choices for your van. Generally, the largest compatible diameter and widths are listed, other sizes may fit. Actual size varies by manufacturer, wheel choice, and inflation pressure. Tire size selection will vary by manufacturer and tread pattern, and tires with more aggressive tread or aggressive sidewalls may have more fitment issues. Specific trimming instructions are noted in most of our lift kit's instructions. All Transits will rub on the front subframe at full lock with a 265/75R16 tire, and most will require a 3/16" wheel spacer. Van Compass is not responsible for fitment issues. This calculator is one of the best we've found, and very helpful for comparisons between different tire sizes. Actual size varies by manufacturer, wheel choice, and inflation pressure. Always consult your tire shop before purchasing wheels or tires.
How do I decide which system to buy? I'm a newbie.
- We've prepared some comparison guides for our most popular systems, they can be found under the stage guides tab on the product page.
Which tune should I select?
- We've prepared some valving charts based on van weights, they are at the bottom of each shock, and stage system page. You can select the tune from the options when adding your system to the cart.
I don't know what my van weighs. How do I find out?
- Easy, most county landfills have a commercial scale. You can use the CAT SCALE LOCATOR to find the closest CAT certified scale. These are great, as they give us a front and rear axle weight separately.
Do I need adjustable shocks?
- Our adjustable shocks are very popular, and offer a huge range of adaptability to your van. They are well suited to vans that see a wide range of payload and terrain. Do you like to exact every last bit of performance and comfort out of every situation? Or, do you prefer to live in the moment and keep your vehicle simple?
Can I upgrade my kit in stages?
- Typically, yes. Our kits are designed to be modular, so that customers can add components in stages without having to buy many components twice. If you buy a stock stage, then lift the van later, your shocks will still work.
Do I have to lift my van to use your upgrades?
- NO! All of our shock upgrades work as stock replacements. They are designed to work with both stock height and Van Compass lifted vans.
Is a lifted van safe to drive?
- YES! Our lifted 2wd vans are roughly comparable to a stock 4wd van. We design our lifts to preserve factory suspension geometry and travel, as well as work with our upgraded shocks. Lifts will also allow fitment of larger tires, which help smooth out terrain and road irregularities. The combined effect is a van that is actually much better driving than their stock, delivery van roots suggest.
What size tire fits my _____?
- We've prepared detailed fitment charts for each application, you'll find them in a tab on the product pages. We also recommend you consult your installer, and local tire shop. They are the experts when it comes to proven formulas with builds, and good tire choices for your area and use cases.
Does installation void my warranty?
- Ultimately, the decisions for warranty lie with the Dealer and Manufacturer, so you will want to contact them for an answer. Van Compass parts are designed with OEM performance in mind, and as thoroughly as possible. Many of our parts are stock replacements.
Do Van Compass products have a warranty?
- YES! Our complete warranty policy is found here: WARRANTY POLICY
Do you do installations?
- We no longer do installations, we are focused 100% on designing, manufacturing and shipping the best possible products we can make.
How much does installation cost?
- You will need to contact one of our installers: DEALER LOCATOR
How long do your products take to install?
- Installation instructions are found under the 'Instructions' tab on the product page. We list recommended labor hours for both home, and professional environments.
Can I install your products myself?
- YES! Many of our customers are do-it-yourselfers, so our products are designed with the installer in mind. They have been thoroughly engineered to be durable, fit great, and easy for a human to install. We've prepared detailed instructions and fitment info to help you, so make sure you read them thoroughly. We've done our best to outline the tools, safety equipment, and various other tricks you'll need to be able to confidently install our products.
Will I need an alignment after installation?
- We always recommend a quality, digital alignment be performed after any suspension modification where the struts are removed and reinstalled. Although many vans have limited adjustment, the TOE setting is critical to front end alignments, good tire wear, and safe drivability and should always be properly checked after installation.
When will my order ship?
- We allocate and ship orders on a first in, first out basis. We understand, it's frustrating waiting for long periods of time and how that impacts the unique circumstances of our customers. For more information on our shipping and order policies, please read here: Shipping, Return and Cancellation Policies
Do I need to put a deposit down?
- Many credit card companies provide only a small window to collect funds from online orders. With the long and often un-predictable lead times many of our products are experiencing, this small windw is not a good fit. The unique nature of our business and customer base dictate that we take a full deposit up front. If your order will be shipping freight, we will contact you at the time of shipment to ensure an accurate and fair rate. The 3% cancellation fee only covers the service charges we incur from the credit card companies.
Still have questions?
- We'd love to chat!
Why can't I find your phone number?
- With the unique nature of many of our customer's builds, the conversation is often drawn out over several months. Keeping a paper trail allows us to remember the specific names, vans, builds and needs for each of our customers. We're available to chat via appointment on a limited basis, so please email us first.
We Also Recommend
STAGE 4 TOPO 2.0 SYSTEM - TRANSIT AWD (2020+ SINGLE REAR WHEEL) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 4 TOPO 2.0 SYSTEM - TRANSIT RWD (2013+ SINGLE REAR WHEEL) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 3 TOPO 2.0 SYSTEM - TRANSIT AWD (2020+ SINGLE REAR WHEEL) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 3 TOPO 2.0 SYSTEM - TRANSIT RWD (2013+ SINGLE REAR WHEEL) by VAN COMPASS