STAGE 3 TOPO 2.0 SYSTEM - TRANSIT RWD (2013+ SINGLE REAR WHEEL) by VAN COMPASS"PART NUMBER: "7116-L
- Included Components
- Stage Guide: 2WD Transit
- Tire Guide: Transit
Improve the ride quality and stance of your 2013-Present Ford Transit with the Stage 3 Topo 2.0 package. Our system achieves a true 2.0" of lift for improved ground clearance while maintaining factory alignment specifications. This tuned suspension system will dramatically improve your ride quality and our Topo kit was developed specifically to work around the packaging and front CV shaft constraints presented by the 2020 AWD Transit platform. This kit is compatible with RWD Transit models from 2013-present, and fits all single rear wheel vans. The Stage 3 kit is designed specifically for built out camper vans or work vehicles that run at or near GVWR all the time. 8500lb vehicle weight and up.
Our Topo Front Lift kit combines a precision engineered 0.75" lift camber correction plate, with a tuned coil spring. By engineering the spring length and rate to our specifications, our tuned spring nets approximately 1.25" of lift with a corresponding increase in compression travel.
For optimum ride quality improvement, the Stage 3 Topo 2.0 package includes a Bilstein B6 strut for a great improvement in front end damping control. The Bilstein B6 strut has the coil spring perch welded onto the strut body at a 0.5" higher height than the factory strut which preloads the coil spring an additional 0.5" for slightly more lift.
Rear lift is accomplished by our proven 5 leaf mini spring pack. This 5 leaf mini pack works in conjunction with the factory leaf pack to provide a 10-15% spring rate increase in the rear while lifting the back of the van anywhere from 2.0" to 2.5" depending on vehicle weight. Friction reducing tips on our leaves ensure a smooth, quiet ride.
Rear Falcon 2.1 Monotube shocks are tuned to our specifications. These upgraded dampers feature a 2.35" piston that will smooth out the harshness experienced on washboard roads and sharp, abrupt impacts. The bounce experienced over large bumps is reduced as well as the side to side sway or jostling over uneven surfaces. Our Rear Shock Relocation Brackets allow for increased ground clearance and move the vulnerable shaft of your shock out of harm's way.
We recommend running a maximum tire size of 265/75/16 with this suspension package. This tire size will require some slight trimming of the inner pinch seam, and depending on tire tread profile, some rubbing of the subframe is possible at full steering lock. With a Bilstein B6 strut, an astounding 12-3/4" of ground clearance is achieved under the center of the front suspension cross member with this tire size.
For more detailed information on this suspension package, read through the detailed instructions below as well as our AWD development videos regarding the R&D process of developing the Topo 2.0 lift kit. With this suspension package installed, the Ford Transit is an absolute joy to drive on all road conditions.
The Stage 3 Topo 2.0 package includes:
Recommended Shop Labor Time: 10.75 Hours
Van must be professionally aligned after lift kit installation! Adverse tire wear and driving characteristics will result if van is not properly aligned.
|STAGE GUIDE||Lift height||Recommended Build||Front Shock||Rear Shock||Rear Lift|
|Stage 1 2WD||2"||Multi-use camper and passenger vans, DRW motorhomes that will mostly see pavement||Bilstein B6||Falcon 2.1 Monotube||Lift block|
|Stage 2 2WD||2"||Multi-use camper and passenger vans, DRW motorhomes that will see a wide range of terrain and payload||Bilstein B6||Falcon 3.3 Fast Adjust||Lift block|
|Stage 3 2WD||2"||Built up adventure vans that will see mostly pavement||Bilstein B6||Falcon 2.1 Monotube||5 Leaf Mini Pack|
|Stage 4 2WD||2"||Built up adventure vans that will see a wide range of terrain and payload||Bilstein B6||Falcon 3.3 Fast Adjust||5 Leaf Mini Pack|
Transit Tire fitment guide:
We've prepared this guide to help with tire choices for your van. Generally, the largest compatible diameter and widths are listed, other sizes may fit. Actual size varies by manufacturer, wheel choice, and inflation pressure. Tire size selection will vary by manufacturer and tread pattern, and tires with more aggressive tread or aggressive sidewalls may have more fitment issues. Specific trimming instructions are noted in most of our lift kit's instructions. All Transits will rub on the front subframe at full lock with a 265/75R16 tire, and most will require a 3/16" wheel spacer. Van Compass is not responsible for fitment issues. This calculator is one of the best we've found, and very helpful for comparisons between different tire sizes. Actual size varies by manufacturer, wheel choice, and inflation pressure. Always consult your tire shop before purchasing wheels or tires.
How do I decide which system to buy? I'm a newbie.
- We've prepared some comparison guides for our most popular systems, they can be found under the stage guides tab on the product page.
Which tune should I select?
- We've prepared some valving charts based on van weights, they are at the bottom of each shock, and stage system page. You can select the tune from the options when adding your system to the cart.
I don't know what my van weighs. How do I find out?
- Easy, most county landfills have a commercial scale. You can use the CAT SCALE LOCATOR to find the closest CAT certified scale. These are great, as they give us a front and rear axle weight separately.
Do I need adjustable shocks?
- Our adjustable shocks are very popular, and offer a huge range of adaptability to your van. They are well suited to vans that see a wide range of payload and terrain. Do you like to exact every last bit of performance and comfort out of every situation? Or, do you prefer to live in the moment and keep your vehicle simple?
Can I upgrade my kit in stages?
- Typically, yes. Our kits are designed to be modular, so that customers can add components in stages without having to buy many components twice. If you buy a stock stage, then lift the van later, your shocks will still work.
Do I have to lift my van to use your upgrades?
- NO! All of our shock upgrades work as stock replacements. They are designed to work with both stock height and Van Compass lifted vans.
Is a lifted van safe to drive?
- YES! Our lifted 2wd vans are roughly comparable to a stock 4wd van. We design our lifts to preserve factory suspension geometry and travel, as well as work with our upgraded shocks. Lifts will also allow fitment of larger tires, which help smooth out terrain and road irregularities. The combined effect is a van that is actually much better driving than their stock, delivery van roots suggest.
What size tire fits my _____?
- We've prepared detailed fitment charts for each application, you'll find them in a tab on the product pages. We also recommend you consult your installer, and local tire shop. They are the experts when it comes to proven formulas with builds, and good tire choices for your area and use cases.
Does installation void my warranty?
- Ultimately, the decisions for warranty lie with the Dealer and Manufacturer, so you will want to contact them for an answer. Van Compass parts are designed with OEM performance in mind, and as thoroughly as possible. Many of our parts are stock replacements.
Do Van Compass products have a warranty?
- YES! Our complete warranty policy is found here: WARRANTY POLICY
Do you do installations?
- We no longer do installations, we are focused 100% on designing, manufacturing and shipping the best possible products we can make.
How much does installation cost?
- You will need to contact one of our installers: DEALER LOCATOR
How long do your products take to install?
- Installation instructions are found under the 'Instructions' tab on the product page. We list recommended labor hours for both home, and professional environments.
Can I install your products myself?
- YES! Many of our customers are do-it-yourselfers, so our products are designed with the installer in mind. They have been thoroughly engineered to be durable, fit great, and easy for a human to install. We've prepared detailed instructions and fitment info to help you, so make sure you read them thoroughly. We've done our best to outline the tools, safety equipment, and various other tricks you'll need to be able to confidently install our products.
Will I need an alignment after installation?
- We always recommend a quality, digital alignment be performed after any suspension modification where the struts are removed and reinstalled. Although many vans have limited adjustment, the TOE setting is critical to front end alignments, good tire wear, and safe drivability and should always be properly checked after installation.
When will my order ship?
- We allocate and ship orders on a first in, first out basis. We understand, it's frustrating waiting for long periods of time and how that impacts the unique circumstances of our customers. For more information on our shipping and order policies, please read here: Shipping, Return and Cancellation Policies
Do I need to put a deposit down?
- Many credit card companies provide only a small window to collect funds from online orders. With the long and often un-predictable lead times many of our products are experiencing, this small windw is not a good fit. The unique nature of our business and customer base dictate that we take a full deposit up front. If your order will be shipping freight, we will contact you at the time of shipment to ensure an accurate and fair rate. The 3% cancellation fee only covers the service charges we incur from the credit card companies.
Still have questions?
- We'd love to chat!
Why can't I find your phone number?
- With the unique nature of many of our customer's builds, the conversation is often drawn out over several months. Keeping a paper trail allows us to remember the specific names, vans, builds and needs for each of our customers. We're available to chat via appointment on a limited basis, so please email us first.
We Also Recommend
STAGE 5 SYSTEM, 2" LIFT - SPRINTER AWD (2023+ 2500 ONLY) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 6.3 SYSTEM, 2" LIFT - SPRINTER AWD (2023+ 2500 ONLY) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 3 SYSTEM - SPRINTER 4X4 (2015-2018 2500 ONLY) by VAN COMPASS