- Included Components
Our Opti-Rate spring pack represents the culmination of over a decade spent tuning leaf springs for various ride heights, payloads, applications and uses. Built out vans often suffer from harsh bottom out due to the constant weight being carried, and will drive very poorly overall. Previously, leaf springs had to be ordered to a specific weight range and lift height, which meant either guessing or waiting until completion to order parts. The Opti-rate spring gives new flexibility in tuning both your spring rate and ride height, all in one package.
With an industry first tunable preload system, we've developed a spring that truly is a 'one size fits all' solution, perfect for van builders, kit installers, and DIY'ers building their vans step by step on their own. The Opti-rate spring is made up of 3 distinct parts: the main springs in the primary stage, a 3-leaf secondary stage, and the Adjustable Preload Spacers (APS). The Adjustable Preload Spacers are machined blocks with stackable delrin glide pads that preload the secondary stage into the main stage. The springs are designed in a way that there is a gap between the 2 stages, perfect for adding our billet machined APS. When the main spring is weighted, the APS are able to engage the primary and secondary stages together. Changing the preload spacers requires little more than a floor jack, socket wrench, and a mallet; the springs can stay in the vehicle.
For light vans, or customers wanting the softest ride, no APS is needed and the spring works in its softest configuration. Middle weight vans, or customers wanting a firmer rear spring rate and increased ride height can add the APS with 1 delrin glide pad. Heavy vans, or customers wanting the maximum spring rate and ride height can install the APS with 2 delrin glide pads.
This spring is designed as a tunable solution, and as a way to correct spring rate. We've designed this spring to return the lost ride height without adding excessive lift. These springs are fully compatible with lift blocks and existing rear geometry correction components to allow for our 2" lift kits to work perfectly for those that want increased clearance and a more aggressive stance.
These require truck freight to ship, if you have a commercial address this will help save on the shipping costs.
- Opti-Rate Full Replacement Leaf Springs (matched pair)
- 4 Billet Adjustable Preload Spacer Blocks
- 4 Top preload spacers glide pads
- 4 Middle preload spacers
- U-bolts and Nuts
- Rear bump stop lower mounting bracket
How do I decide which system to buy? I'm a newbie.
- We've prepared some comparison guides for our most popular systems, they can be found under the stage guides tab on the product page.
Which tune should I select?
- We've prepared some valving charts based on van weights, they are at the bottom of each shock, and stage system page. You can select the tune from the options when adding your system to the cart.
I don't know what my van weighs. How do I find out?
- Easy, most county landfills have a commercial scale. You can use the CAT SCALE LOCATOR to find the closest CAT certified scale. These are great, as they give us a front and rear axle weight separately.
Do I need adjustable shocks?
- Our adjustable shocks are very popular, and offer a huge range of adaptability to your van. They are well suited to vans that see a wide range of payload and terrain. Do you like to exact every last bit of performance and comfort out of every situation? Or, do you prefer to live in the moment and keep your vehicle simple?
Can I upgrade my kit in stages?
- Typically, yes. Our kits are designed to be modular, so that customers can add components in stages without having to buy many components twice. If you buy a stock stage, then lift the van later, your shocks will still work.
Do I have to lift my van to use your upgrades?
- NO! All of our shock upgrades work as stock replacements. They are designed to work with both stock height and Van Compass lifted vans.
Is a lifted van safe to drive?
- YES! Our lifted 2wd vans are roughly comparable to a stock 4wd van. We design our lifts to preserve factory suspension geometry and travel, as well as work with our upgraded shocks. Lifts will also allow fitment of larger tires, which help smooth out terrain and road irregularities. The combined effect is a van that is actually much better driving than their stock, delivery van roots suggest.
What size tire fits my _____?
- We've prepared detailed fitment charts for each application, you'll find them in a tab on the product pages. We also recommend you consult your installer, and local tire shop. They are the experts when it comes to proven formulas with builds, and good tire choices for your area and use cases.
Does installation void my warranty?
- Ultimately, the decisions for warranty lie with the Dealer and Manufacturer, so you will want to contact them for an answer. Van Compass parts are designed with OEM performance in mind, and as thoroughly as possible. Many of our parts are stock replacements.
Do Van Compass products have a warranty?
- YES! Our complete warranty policy is found here: WARRANTY POLICY
Do you do installations?
- We no longer do installations, we are focused 100% on designing, manufacturing and shipping the best possible products we can make.
How much does installation cost?
- You will need to contact one of our installers: DEALER LOCATOR
How long do your products take to install?
- Installation instructions are found under the 'Instructions' tab on the product page. We list recommended labor hours for both home, and professional environments.
Can I install your products myself?
- YES! Many of our customers are do-it-yourselfers, so our products are designed with the installer in mind. They have been thoroughly engineered to be durable, fit great, and easy for a human to install. We've prepared detailed instructions and fitment info to help you, so make sure you read them thoroughly. We've done our best to outline the tools, safety equipment, and various other tricks you'll need to be able to confidently install our products.
Will I need an alignment after installation?
- We always recommend a quality, digital alignment be performed after any suspension modification where the struts are removed and reinstalled. Although many vans have limited adjustment, the TOE setting is critical to front end alignments, good tire wear, and safe drivability and should always be properly checked after installation.
When will my order ship?
- We allocate and ship orders on a first in, first out basis. We understand, it's frustrating waiting for long periods of time and how that impacts the unique circumstances of our customers. For more information on our shipping and order policies, please read here: Shipping, Return and Cancellation Policies
Do I need to put a deposit down?
- Many credit card companies provide only a small window to collect funds from online orders. With the long and often un-predictable lead times many of our products are experiencing, this small windw is not a good fit. The unique nature of our business and customer base dictate that we take a full deposit up front. If your order will be shipping freight, we will contact you at the time of shipment to ensure an accurate and fair rate. The 3% cancellation fee only covers the service charges we incur from the credit card companies.
Still have questions?
- We'd love to chat!
Why can't I find your phone number?
- With the unique nature of many of our customer's builds, the conversation is often drawn out over several months. Keeping a paper trail allows us to remember the specific names, vans, builds and needs for each of our customers. We're available to chat via appointment on a limited basis, so please email us first.
We Also Recommend
STAGE 6.3 DUALLY 2" LIFT SYSTEM - SPRINTER 4X4 (2015-18 3500) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 4.3 DUALLY SYSTEM - SPRINTER AWD, 4X4 (2015-PRESENT 3500) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 3 OPTI-RATE DUALLY SYSTEM - SPRINTER 4X4 (2015-2018 3500) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 2.3 DUALLY SYSTEM - SPRINTER AWD, 4X4 (2015-PRESENT 3500) by VAN COMPASS