Add more storage and functionality to the rear of your Sprinter van with the Van Compass Rear Storage Trunk. For many van owners, the choice to relocate their vehicle's spare tire to a rear swing out on the bumper opens up an abundance of unused space underneath the rear of the vehicle. Take full advantage of the space where the factory spare tire was mounted by dropping in this fully sealed trunk. With a 300lb cargo rating, this trunk provides more cubic feet of storage in the vehicle which can be utilized for a number of scenarios:
- House auxiliary batteries out of the elements while allowing for easy service of electrical systems.
- Install an auxiliary diesel fired heater.
- Use as a shower pan.
- Fill with ice and use as a built in cooler.
- House heavy recovery gear and tools in the trunk.
- Mount water tanks and plumbing systems so they are out of the elements and are easily serviceable.
- The possibilities are endless!
- CUTTING OF A CROSSMEMBER REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION - SEE INSTRUCTIONS
The factory spare tire must be relocated for this trunk to be installed. Cutting and drilling of the floor is required. If you feel comfortable cutting a hole in the roof of your van for a roof vent, then this trunk is a simple install. The Van Compass Rear Storage Trunk is made in USA from 3/16" thick 5052 Aluminum.
Mounting screws, edge trim, hinges and latch are included with the kit. The trunk features a 1" drainage hole along with a boat style T-handle drain plug. Installer will need to source their preferred sealant to seal the bottom of the trunk to the vehicle. See the instructions below for detailed photos and recommendations on sealant.
We will provide a shipping quote after order is placed.
How do I decide which system to buy? I'm a newbie.
- We've prepared some comparison guides for our most popular systems, they can be found under the stage guides tab on the product page.
Which tune should I select?
- We've prepared some valving charts based on van weights, they are at the bottom of each shock, and stage system page. You can select the tune from the options when adding your system to the cart.
I don't know what my van weighs. How do I find out?
- Easy, most county landfills have a commercial scale. You can use the CAT SCALE LOCATOR to find the closest CAT certified scale. These are great, as they give us a front and rear axle weight separately.
Do I need adjustable shocks?
- Our adjustable shocks are very popular, and offer a huge range of adaptability to your van. They are well suited to vans that see a wide range of payload and terrain. Do you like to exact every last bit of performance and comfort out of every situation? Or, do you prefer to live in the moment and keep your vehicle simple?
Can I upgrade my kit in stages?
- Typically, yes. Our kits are designed to be modular, so that customers can add components in stages without having to buy many components twice. If you buy a stock stage, then lift the van later, your shocks will still work.
Do I have to lift my van to use your upgrades?
- NO! All of our shock upgrades work as stock replacements. They are designed to work with both stock height and Van Compass lifted vans.
Is a lifted van safe to drive?
- YES! Our lifted 2wd vans are roughly comparable to a stock 4wd van. We design our lifts to preserve factory suspension geometry and travel, as well as work with our upgraded shocks. Lifts will also allow fitment of larger tires, which help smooth out terrain and road irregularities. The combined effect is a van that is actually much better driving than their stock, delivery van roots suggest.
What size tire fits my _____?
- We've prepared detailed fitment charts for each application, you'll find them in a tab on the product pages. We also recommend you consult your installer, and local tire shop. They are the experts when it comes to proven formulas with builds, and good tire choices for your area and use cases.
Does installation void my warranty?
- Ultimately, the decisions for warranty lie with the Dealer and Manufacturer, so you will want to contact them for an answer. Van Compass parts are designed with OEM performance in mind, and as thoroughly as possible. Many of our parts are stock replacements.
Do Van Compass products have a warranty?
- YES! Our complete warranty policy is found here: WARRANTY POLICY
Do you do installations?
- We no longer do installations, we are focused 100% on designing, manufacturing and shipping the best possible products we can make.
How much does installation cost?
- You will need to contact one of our installers: DEALER LOCATOR
How long do your products take to install?
- Installation instructions are found under the 'Instructions' tab on the product page. We list recommended labor hours for both home, and professional environments.
Can I install your products myself?
- YES! Many of our customers are do-it-yourselfers, so our products are designed with the installer in mind. They have been thoroughly engineered to be durable, fit great, and easy for a human to install. We've prepared detailed instructions and fitment info to help you, so make sure you read them thoroughly. We've done our best to outline the tools, safety equipment, and various other tricks you'll need to be able to confidently install our products.
Will I need an alignment after installation?
- We always recommend a quality, digital alignment be performed after any suspension modification where the struts are removed and reinstalled. Although many vans have limited adjustment, the TOE setting is critical to front end alignments, good tire wear, and safe drivability and should always be properly checked after installation.
When will my order ship?
- We allocate and ship orders on a first in, first out basis. We understand, it's frustrating waiting for long periods of time and how that impacts the unique circumstances of our customers. For more information on our shipping and order policies, please read here: Shipping, Return and Cancellation Policies
Do I need to put a deposit down?
- Many credit card companies provide only a small window to collect funds from online orders. With the long and often un-predictable lead times many of our products are experiencing, this small windw is not a good fit. The unique nature of our business and customer base dictate that we take a full deposit up front. If your order will be shipping freight, we will contact you at the time of shipment to ensure an accurate and fair rate. The 3% cancellation fee only covers the service charges we incur from the credit card companies.
Still have questions?
- We'd love to chat!
Why can't I find your phone number?
- With the unique nature of many of our customer's builds, the conversation is often drawn out over several months. Keeping a paper trail allows us to remember the specific names, vans, builds and needs for each of our customers. We're available to chat via appointment on a limited basis, so please email us first.
We Also Recommend
STAGE 5 SYSTEM, 2" LIFT - SPRINTER 2WD (2007-2018 2500 ONLY) by VAN COMPASS, NO STRUTS
STAGE 4 SYSTEM, 2" LIFT - SPRINTER 2WD (2007-2018 2500) by VAN COMPASS, NO STRUTS
STAGE 2 SYSTEM - SPRINTER 2WD (2007+ 2500 ONLY) by VAN COMPASS, NO STRUTS