***** As of 4/21/22 - New orders will be shipping in 4-6 weeks *****
It's no secret that the Sprinter has some shortcomings when used for serious off road usage. As many owners are discovering, a heavily loaded van driven hard off road can stress the factory components beyond their original design parameters. From rutted Alpine 2-tracks, to the box canyons of Death Valley, to the rugged coast of Baja, owners are taking these vans to places Mercedes never really intended.
The Baja Bracket Rear Shock mount kit is a solution Van Compass has developed to eliminate one of the glaring shortcomings in the Sprinter's rear suspension setup: a single shear upper shock bolt. A single shear bolt has its benefits mostly in cost and ease of packaging, and for a delivery van on the street with frequent fleet service checks, this isn't a problem. Without reinforcement on both sides of the upper shock bushing, this puts a large amount of cyclical stress on the factory shock bolt. Over time, the bolts can stretch or come loose after long miles of washboards, and the bolt eventually yields at the worst possible location: right where it enters the threaded bung on the chassis. For our customers, exploring remote backcountry terrain the shock is a critical part of safe travel ensuring that the weight of the vehicle is kept safely under control in all conditions.
Our Baja Bracket is a sturdy, precision engineered solution to capture both sides of the upper shock bushing and eliminate the dangerous fulcrum effect that causes a bolt to eventually shear. The part is laser cut and CNC bent from 3/16" formed steel, fixture welded to ensure accuracy, then powder coated for good looks and longevity. A complete hardware kit and slotted holes ensure perfect fit and alignment on all vans, while a machined tubular brace dissipates the load of the shock safely throughout the frame rail. At Van Compass, we have the solution that won't leave you stranded. Van Further.
- Reinforces weak factory upper shock bolt.
- Includes all necessary hardware.
- Works with stock and aftermarket shocks.
- Works with stock and lifted vans.
- Simple installation with basic hand tools.
How do I decide which system to buy? I'm a newbie.
- We've prepared some comparison guides for our most popular systems, they can be found under the stage guides tab on the product page.
Which tune should I select?
- We've prepared some valving charts based on van weights, they are at the bottom of each shock, and stage system page. You can select the tune from the options when adding your system to the cart.
I don't know what my van weighs. How do I find out?
- Easy, most county landfills have a commercial scale. You can use the CAT SCALE LOCATOR to find the closest CAT certified scale. These are great, as they give us a front and rear axle weight separately.
Do I need adjustable shocks?
- Our adjustable shocks are very popular, and offer a huge range of adaptability to your van. They are well suited to vans that see a wide range of payload and terrain. Do you like to exact every last bit of performance and comfort out of every situation? Or, do you prefer to live in the moment and keep your vehicle simple?
Can I upgrade my kit in stages?
- Typically, yes. Our kits are designed to be modular, so that customers can add components in stages without having to buy many components twice. If you buy a stock stage, then lift the van later, your shocks will still work.
Do I have to lift my van to use your upgrades?
- NO! All of our shock upgrades work as stock replacements. They are designed to work with both stock height and Van Compass lifted vans.
Is a lifted van safe to drive?
- YES! Our lifted 2wd vans are roughly comparable to a stock 4wd van. We design our lifts to preserve factory suspension geometry and travel, as well as work with our upgraded shocks. Lifts will also allow fitment of larger tires, which help smooth out terrain and road irregularities. The combined effect is a van that is actually much better driving than their stock, delivery van roots suggest.
What size tire fits my _____?
- We've prepared detailed fitment charts for each application, you'll find them in a tab on the product pages. We also recommend you consult your installer, and local tire shop. They are the experts when it comes to proven formulas with builds, and good tire choices for your area and use cases.
Does installation void my warranty?
- Ultimately, the decisions for warranty lie with the Dealer and Manufacturer, so you will want to contact them for an answer. Van Compass parts are designed with OEM performance in mind, and as thoroughly as possible. Many of our parts are stock replacements.
Do Van Compass products have a warranty?
- YES! Our complete warranty policy is found here: WARRANTY POLICY
Do you do installations?
- We no longer do installations, we are focused 100% on designing, manufacturing and shipping the best possible products we can make.
How much does installation cost?
- You will need to contact one of our installers: DEALER LOCATOR
How long do your products take to install?
- Installation instructions are found under the 'Instructions' tab on the product page. We list recommended labor hours for both home, and professional environments.
Can I install your products myself?
- YES! Many of our customers are do-it-yourselfers, so our products are designed with the installer in mind. They have been thoroughly engineered to be durable, fit great, and easy for a human to install. We've prepared detailed instructions and fitment info to help you, so make sure you read them thoroughly. We've done our best to outline the tools, safety equipment, and various other tricks you'll need to be able to confidently install our products.
Will I need an alignment after installation?
- We always recommend a quality, digital alignment be performed after any suspension modification where the struts are removed and reinstalled. Although many vans have limited adjustment, the TOE setting is critical to front end alignments, good tire wear, and safe drivability and should always be properly checked after installation.
When will my order ship?
- We allocate and ship orders on a first in, first out basis. We understand, it's frustrating waiting for long periods of time and how that impacts the unique circumstances of our customers. For more information on our shipping and order policies, please read here: Shipping, Return and Cancellation Policies
Do I need to put a deposit down?
- Many credit card companies provide only a small window to collect funds from online orders. With the long and often un-predictable lead times many of our products are experiencing, this small windw is not a good fit. The unique nature of our business and customer base dictate that we take a full deposit up front. If your order will be shipping freight, we will contact you at the time of shipment to ensure an accurate and fair rate. The 3% cancellation fee only covers the service charges we incur from the credit card companies.
Still have questions?
- We'd love to chat!
Why can't I find your phone number?
- With the unique nature of many of our customer's builds, the conversation is often drawn out over several months. Keeping a paper trail allows us to remember the specific names, vans, builds and needs for each of our customers. We're available to chat via appointment on a limited basis, so please email us first.
We Also Recommend
STAGE 4 TOPO 2.0 SYSTEM - TRANSIT AWD (2020+ SINGLE REAR WHEEL) by VAN COMPASS
STAGE 5 SYSTEM, 2" LIFT - SPRINTER 2WD (2019+ 2500 ONLY) by VAN COMPASS
ULTIMATE DUALLY 2" LIFT SYSTEM - SPRINTER 4X4 (2019+ 3500) by VAN COMPASS