STAGE 4 SYSTEM, 2" LIFT - SPRINTER 2WD (2019+ 3500) by VAN COMPASS"PART NUMBER: "7174-L
- Included Components
- Stage Guide: 2WD 3500
- Tire Guide: VS30 Sprinter
The Stage 4 kit is optimized for all owners who want to combine the improved stability and better ride of our shock upgrades with the added clearance and more aggressive stance of our Striker lift kit. Great for adventure vans that need new shocks to replace high mileage units. The bolt-on Striker Sprinter 2.0” suspension lift system provides clearance for larger tires and offers additional ground clearance under the van. Additional traction and ground clearance helps to avoid obstacles on the trail to your remote campsite. The Striker system retains the stock vehicle suspension geometry, payload rating and ride quality. All of the suspension lift system components are constructed of high quality materials here in the USA and are powder coated for durability and corrosion resistance.
When your are lifting or upgrading your Sprinter's suspension for a better ride, there is no better option than the Bilstein B6 Camper Tune front strut. Bilstein struts utilize a unique, velocity sensitive, digressive piston which perfectly blends stability and compliance in a heavy duty damper built to last. Bilstein struts are tuned to assure optimal performance is achieved. The front Sumo Spring replaces the hard factory bump stop It contacts the control arm at ride height to increase the front suspension spring rate, while still compressing to the height of the factory bump stop. Suspension travel is not reduced. The additional spring rate reduces sway, improves control in high winds and comfort while the suspension cycles. The custom tuned Falcon shocks smooth out the harshness experienced on washboard roads and sharp, abrupt impacts. The bounce experienced over large bumps is reduced and the side to side sway over uneven surfaces is minimized. We spec each set of Falcon shocks we sell to your van's weight, please be sure to weigh your van to order the correct shock damping. Vans that are near the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) may want to add additional rear suspension parts to reduce rear suspension sag and improve stability.
Stage 4 System Benefits:
- Aggressive stance allows larger tires to smooth out terrain
- Reduce the back and forth sway over obstacles
- Enhances cornering stability
- Control large and small bumps more efficiently than factory shocks and bump stops
- Reduces cross wind sway
- The system is 100% bolt on
- Striker 2" Lift Kit
- Bilstein B6 Camper van tune front struts
- Front Sumo Springs
- Falcon 2.1 mono tube shocks
Recommended Shop Labor Time: 16 Hours
|STAGE GUIDE||Lift height||Recommended Build||Front Shock||Rear Shock||Front Sumo||Rear Sumo||Van Weight|
|Stage 1||0"||Simple Conversions and Light Adventure Vans that will see gravel and forest roads.||Bilstein B4||Falcon 2.1 Monotube||Yes||None||Stock-8600|
|Stage 3||0"||Heavy, full-time conversions, Class B/C Motorhomes||Bilstein B4||Falcon 2.1 Monotube||Yes||Yes||8600-11000|
|Stage 4||2"||Up-Fitted Adventure Vans that will explore the backcountry||Bilstein B4||Falcon 2.1 Monotube||Yes||None||Stock-11000|
2019+ Sprinter Tire fitment guide:
We've prepared this guides to help with tire choices for your van. Generally, the largest compatible diameter and widths are listed, other sizes may fit. Actual size varies by manufacturer, wheel choice, and inflation pressure. Tire size selection will vary by manufacturer and tread pattern, and tires with more aggressive tread or aggressive sidewalls may have more fitment issues. Specific trimming instructions are noted in most of our lift kit's instructions. All 2019+ vans will require our Big Tire Mud Flap Relocation kit for tires larger than stock, as the wheel wells pinch inward and restrict fitment. Van Compass is not responsible for fitment issues.
This calculator is one of the best we've found, and very helpful for comparisons between different tire sizes. Actual size varies by manufacturer, wheel choice, and inflation pressure. Always consult your tire shop before purchasing wheels or tires.
How do I decide which system to buy? I'm a newbie.
- We've prepared some comparison guides for our most popular systems, they can be found under the stage guides tab on the product page.
Which tune should I select?
- We've prepared some valving charts based on van weights, they are at the bottom of each shock, and stage system page. You can select the tune from the options when adding your system to the cart.
I don't know what my van weighs. How do I find out?
- Easy, most county landfills have a commercial scale. You can use the CAT SCALE LOCATOR to find the closest CAT certified scale. These are great, as they give us a front and rear axle weight separately.
Do I need adjustable shocks?
- Our adjustable shocks are very popular, and offer a huge range of adaptability to your van. They are well suited to vans that see a wide range of payload and terrain. Do you like to exact every last bit of performance and comfort out of every situation? Or, do you prefer to live in the moment and keep your vehicle simple?
Can I upgrade my kit in stages?
- Typically, yes. Our kits are designed to be modular, so that customers can add components in stages without having to buy many components twice. If you buy a stock stage, then lift the van later, your shocks will still work.
Do I have to lift my van to use your upgrades?
- NO! All of our shock upgrades work as stock replacements. They are designed to work with both stock height and Van Compass lifted vans.
Is a lifted van safe to drive?
- YES! Our lifted 2wd vans are roughly comparable to a stock 4wd van. We design our lifts to preserve factory suspension geometry and travel, as well as work with our upgraded shocks. Lifts will also allow fitment of larger tires, which help smooth out terrain and road irregularities. The combined effect is a van that is actually much better driving than their stock, delivery van roots suggest.
What size tire fits my _____?
- We've prepared detailed fitment charts for each application, you'll find them in a tab on the product pages. We also recommend you consult your installer, and local tire shop. They are the experts when it comes to proven formulas with builds, and good tire choices for your area and use cases.
Does installation void my warranty?
- Ultimately, the decisions for warranty lie with the Dealer and Manufacturer, so you will want to contact them for an answer. Van Compass parts are designed with OEM performance in mind, and as thoroughly as possible. Many of our parts are stock replacements.
Do Van Compass products have a warranty?
- YES! Our complete warranty policy is found here: WARRANTY POLICY
Do you do installations?
- We no longer do installations, we are focused 100% on designing, manufacturing and shipping the best possible products we can make.
How much does installation cost?
- You will need to contact one of our installers: DEALER LOCATOR
How long do your products take to install?
- Installation instructions are found under the 'Instructions' tab on the product page. We list recommended labor hours for both home, and professional environments.
Can I install your products myself?
- YES! Many of our customers are do-it-yourselfers, so our products are designed with the installer in mind. They have been thoroughly engineered to be durable, fit great, and easy for a human to install. We've prepared detailed instructions and fitment info to help you, so make sure you read them thoroughly. We've done our best to outline the tools, safety equipment, and various other tricks you'll need to be able to confidently install our products.
Will I need an alignment after installation?
- We always recommend a quality, digital alignment be performed after any suspension modification where the struts are removed and reinstalled. Although many vans have limited adjustment, the TOE setting is critical to front end alignments, good tire wear, and safe drivability and should always be properly checked after installation.
When will my order ship?
- We allocate and ship orders on a first in, first out basis. We understand, it's frustrating waiting for long periods of time and how that impacts the unique circumstances of our customers. For more information on our shipping and order policies, please read here: Shipping, Return and Cancellation Policies
Do I need to put a deposit down?
- Many credit card companies provide only a small window to collect funds from online orders. With the long and often un-predictable lead times many of our products are experiencing, this small windw is not a good fit. The unique nature of our business and customer base dictate that we take a full deposit up front. If your order will be shipping freight, we will contact you at the time of shipment to ensure an accurate and fair rate. The 3% cancellation fee only covers the service charges we incur from the credit card companies.
Still have questions?
- We'd love to chat!
Why can't I find your phone number?
- With the unique nature of many of our customer's builds, the conversation is often drawn out over several months. Keeping a paper trail allows us to remember the specific names, vans, builds and needs for each of our customers. We're available to chat via appointment on a limited basis, so please email us first.
We Also Recommend
STRIKER 2" LIFT KIT - SPRINTER 2WD (2019+ 2500 and 3500) by VAN COMPASS